Last year we navigated the challenges that arose with Covid-19. We plan to continue following many of the procedures and policies implemented. We look forward to welcoming students back to school as we return to classes for fall 2021. School will be held on its normal schedule Monday through Friday. The school day will begin and end at its normal time.
Our desire is to make sure all our students are physically safe while supporting their spiritual growth and wellbeing. The American Academy of Pediatrics strongly advocates for students to be physically present in school. The importance of in-person learning is well documented, and researchers are already seeing evidence of negative impacts on children because of school closures in the spring of 2020.
• Face coverings will NOT be mandatory for students. If you would like for your child to wear one, then we will support your decision.
• Face coverings may be required for special activities. (i.e. field trips)
• We will enhance our cleaning procedures with a focus on high-touch areas (doorknobs, push plates, etc.)
• Each classroom will have hand sanitizer, disinfectant spray, and tissues available.
• Overall school-cleaning protocols will be increased with daily disinfecting and sanitizing taking place.
• Students will be reminded and allowed to wash their hands frequently throughout the day.
• Field trips will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis to determine the health and safety for all students. Class field trips, if offered, will be optional.
• We will NOT allow students to share food during lunch or at any other time during the school day.
• The lunch area will be cleaned after each group.
• Students are encouraged to use a water bottle as opposed to the drinking fountains. Please make sure your students have transparent water bottles.
• If your child’s temperature is 100.4 or above, they are considered running a fever. Please do not send them to school.
• If they are not feeling well, please do not send them to school.
• If students complain of not feeling well during the school day, we will call for someone to come and pick them up immediately.
We look forward to welcoming back all our returning and new Westside families on campus for the 2021-2022 school year!