STATEMENT OF FAITH
The full doctrinal statement of Westside Baptist Church is the basis for our beliefs at WCS. A brief summary of that statement follows:
• We believe the Bible is the Word of God and is the final authority in faith and life.
• We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
• We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary and is true God and true man.
• We believe that man was created in the image of God, that he sinned and that all men are sinners by nature and choice, sinful and lost, and have within themselves no possible means of salvation without Christ.
• We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice; and that all who believe in Him are justified on the basis of His shed blood.
• We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into Heaven, and in His present life there for us, as High Priest and Advocate.
• We believe in “that blessed hope,” the personal, pre-millennial and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
• We believe in the prominence of the local and visible church, baptism by immersion for believers and the ordinance of the Lord’s Supper.
• We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost.